Orcutt Union School District will process developer fees by appointment only.
- Include your Certificate of Compliance form in the email.
- Utilize the Developer Fee Calculator below to see the amount of fees due based off your square footage. Checks must be made payable to Orcutt Union School District (OUSD). We do not accept cash or credit card payments.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- In 1986, the California Legislature authorized school districts to levy school impact or developer fees on residential and commercial/industrial development for the purpose of funding the construction or reconstruction of school facilities. The basis of the school facilities legislation is the relationship between new development, and the impact on school districts to provide adequate school facilities for the student population new development generates. The authority for the District’s assessment of developer fees is set forth in Education Code Section 17620, pursuant to Government Code 65995.
- Any construction less than 500 square feet is exempt of impact fees.
- Accessory Dwelling Units -ADU’S – School Districts are authorized to levy impact fees for ADU’s pursuant to Section 17620 of the Education Code. Note that the impact fee restrictions on ADUs imposed by Senate Bill 13 (“SB 13″) are only applicable to impact fees levied by cities, counties, and special districts. School districts are independently authorized to levy school developer fees per Education Code § 17620. SB 13 does not modify, suspend, or mention Education Code § Accordingly, SB 13 does not restrict school districts’ levies of school fees on ADUs. For the same reasons, AB 881 does not limit the levy of school developer fees on ADUs.
- Fees are subject to change.