OAHS VIRTUAL LEARNING ACADEMYVLA Content Support
WHY GUIDED NOTES?
The Guided Notes on Edgenuity help students to stay actively engaged during video lectures. Additionally, the benefits of Guided Notes include:
- reduce the cognitive load caused by trying to listen and take notes at the same time
- help students retain information by staying actively engaged during lectures
- make it easier for students to distinguish important information
- lead to more comprehensive and complete notes
- can help improve assessment performance
VIDEO TO LEARN ABOUT GUIDED NOTES
WHERE TO FIND GUIDED NOTES
HOW TO USE GUIDED NOTES
1. Printable Option
- Print out the Guided Notes and fill it in by hand as you watch your lesson instruction video.
- Keep your Guided Notes in order to use as a handy resource.
2. Digital Option
If you want to keep a digital copy to fill out, you will need to first install Kami (allows you to annotate a pdf).
1. Click the Guided Notes icon in Edgenuity to open the pdf.
2. In middle of your screen, click the “Open with” button to drop down the menu, then select Kami (see screenshot on the right).
3. Use Kami to write in, or type on, your Guided Notes as you watch your lessons instruction video. (Note: if you have never used Kami before, look at the section below for further details.)