Social Emotional Learning
Social and emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions. – The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL)
Lesson Ideas – Social and Emotional & Mindfulness
- 13 Powerful SEL Activities
- 18 Amazing Mindfulness Activities for the Classroom
- 21 Simple Ways to Integrate Social-Emotional Learning Throughout the Day
- 5 Mindfulness Practices to Bring to Your Classroom
- Free Social Emotional Learning Activities from Centervention
- Headspace for Educators – Free Exercises and Resources
- Social & Emotional Development Lesson Plans – Missouri Department of Education
- Educator Toolkit Social & Emotional Learning from Common Sense Education
- Social and Emotional Learning from TeacherVision and Breathe for Change
- Social Emotional Lesson Plans from Education.com
Select a link below to borrow materials from the Educational Services Department for classroom use. Be sure to include the quantity needed.
Sample report cards for grades K through 6 are available below, with and without standard numbers.